lettuce and tomato





the original title of this post was "vegetables", until i remembered that it should actually be one vegetable and one fruit.
in case you also felt it odd that a tomato isnt actually considered a vegetable, i found this...

The confusion about 'fruit' and 'vegetable' arises because of the differences in usage between scientists and cooks. Scientifically speaking, a tomato is definitely a fruit. True fruits are developed from the ovary in the base of the flower, and contain the seeds of the plant (though cultivated forms may be seedless). Blueberries, raspberries, and oranges are true fruits, and so are many kinds of nut.

still though, i just cant see myself putting any of those in my fruit salad, no matter what "scientists" want to call them.

1 comment:

Kyle Marshall said...

!!First!!.....aw, me gawd, I can't believe I just turned into one of these losers.

oh, and great stuff as always